BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 3, 2011

What's not to "Like"?
















Social networking is a great way to connect with friends and keep up with what’s going on in the world. But, how much is too much? Between text, tweets, Facebook updates, and Foursquare check-ins things can get crazy. Trying to keep up with what’s what can be hard. It seems we like we are constantly checking our phones for updates and sometimes things can get confusing.

USA Today reported that there are 110 million tweets everyday. Not to mention the countless Facebook status updates, wall posts, and comments. The human brain just doesn’t have the capability to keep up with this much information. "People used to be concerned about ADHD. Now, you almost have to have that trait to cope with so much information," sa6s Robi Ludwig, a psychotherapist in New York. Social networks are trying to find ways to address this issue so they don’t lose users to other sites.

For me trying to keep up with my Facebook and Twitter accounts is a challenge. I have updates sent to my phone and sometimes forget whom I’m talking to. I like being able to connect with people who I would have never have gotten to before the use of social networks so, I’m not ready to sign off just yet.

3 comments:

Hale21 said...

I agree that we are losing our natural communication in life. Twitter and Facebook has become the new communication in life. The thing that bothers me the most is that people twitting and facebooking while their driving, is going to lead to a major crisis.

Charles McClain said...

I don't think I'm ready to logoff yet either. I feel as though I'm missing out on something if I'm not on at least once a day, and sometimes more. I wouldn't say that I'm addicted but just a curious social user.

Juan Estrada said...

We are just addicted to the social networking i have been checking this Facebook daily since i created it in the 2006, and with my smartphone this is just way faster to be updated. i guess it is the future but as well as many people i am very afraid people will start to loose eventually some face to face communication due to this phenomenon.