BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Exclusively for iPad


PCWorld.com reports that Rupert Murdoch has joined forces with Apple to create an iPad-only newspaper called, The Daily. The app is designed to give readers a unique experience in how they get their news. It takes advantage of the touch screen design and the multimedia design of the iPad and combines it with journalistic material not found in other places.

It is geared toward younger, more tech savvy readers and is said to have short articles that are quick and easy to read. It also has features like photo galleries and videos to make it more interactive.
The launch of the app has sparked many questions. There is debate on just how useful it's going to be. Murdoch's goal is to reinvent the digital newspaper and from what i can tell he has.
This application looks very interesting to me. It is a new and unique way to get information. It's interactive and let's you look at a story in a new way. It gives you more of an experience than just picking up a paper.

2 comments:

Mary Rickabaugh said...

Personally, I think this is ridiculous. The iPad in general is ridiculous. The newspaper is going to go under because not enough people own iPads to support it.

LeESPN21 said...

I don't own an Ipad because honestly I think something will be coming out each day better than what came out the day before. I feel like I'll never be caught up with the times. I like the newspaper. I like the feel of the paper in my hand and reading it on a screen will never be the same. :(